Halloween, 2008

Written October, 31, 2008
Halloween at our house this year was definitely fun. I had bought little costumes for the dogs a month ago. I know some people, like my husband, father and Jay Leno, are very much against dressing up dogs. I agree to a certain extent. I am NOT the kind of person that views a dog as an accessory or a doll. However, occasionally the idea of putting our dogs in cute little outfits is just so hard to resist.
BlackJacks, at 13 years old, elected not to participate. Sami was dressed as a little devil. He was the only one of our dogs that really seemed to enjoy wearing his costume. Ju-Ju was dressed as a clown first, but she didn't really like the hat, so she switched to her vampire costume. Geisha was a princess (yes, that is a little doggie wig she is wearing) and she HATED it. You can tell this by the picture. So, needless to say, she only wore the costume long enough for us to take a couple of pictures. Maybe I'll only dress Sami up next year . . .